Norris District 160 Skilled and Technical Science (STS) Endowment reaches its first year goal of $25,000
In the fall of 2022, the Norris School District STS Advisory Board started an endowment through the Norris School District Foundation. The Skilled and Technical Science (STS) Endowment is a permanent account whose assets are invested to generate an ongoing source of income year after year. Only earnings from this investment will be used to support the Norris School District STS Department and Norris students. Students pursuing post-secondary education or their teaching degree in a Skilled and Technical Science area will be eligible for scholarships. Technology and equipment improvements may also be funded by this endowment.
This investment in skilled and technical students will ensure they have the means to contribute to the ever-growing labor needs.
Currently the endowment has reached the $26,450 mark. Interest off of this money will provide two $500 scholarships for seniors graduating in spring of 2024. These scholarships will be provided to students choosing to enter a 2 or 4 year post-secondary education or a teaching degree in a Skilled and Technical Science area. Areas include, but are not limited to, engineering, architecture, construction, machine tool, welding, and automotive.
In two weeks, the Norris Advisory Board will kick off year number two of fundraising. The goal will be to add to the principal of $26,450, increasing the amount of money available for the Norris students and the STS program.
For more information you can contact:
- Michael Jorganson, Norris Skilled and Technical Science Instructor - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Kyle Brozek, Norris Skilled and Technical Science Instructor - email@example.com
- Karla Egger, Former Senior Accountant at Nebraska Community Foundation - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jacob Johnson, Norris School District 160 STS Advisory Board Member - email@example.com
- Jack Jenkins, Norris School District 160 STS Advisory Board Member - firstname.lastname@example.org