Norris School District 160 uses the BrightArrow notification system to send important information to families through phone calls, emails and text messages. If you haven’t already done so, please take a moment to complete the simple opt-in process for text messaging below. We will only use the text messaging service to provide information that is timely and relevant for you and your student.
The opt-in process is simple and only takes a few seconds to complete.
- Simply text YES to the number 87569.
- You will know that you were successful if you receive the following reply message: “You are subscribed with Norris School District 160. Text STOP to cancel or HELP for information." If you receive an error message, it is likely that you must contact your carrier to enable text messaging.
- To opt out of all text messages from BrightArrow, reply with STOP to the opt-in message.
If you are uncertain as to whether or not you have already opted in, simply repeat the opt-in process above. There is no harm in sending the opt-in message more than once.
When parents provide a new wireless number to the school (common at the beginning of the school year), you may receive a text message requesting that you opt in to receive important information via text message. The message you receive will be similar to the following: "Norris School District 160 would like to continue sending you text messages. To receive these messages, please reply YES." Again, we encourage you to reply YES.
Please note, although Norris does not charge you for this service, it does not pay for text message charges that may be incurred by you for sending or receiving text messages. Check with your wireless carrier for possible charges. Emergency messages are always sent with all three message types (email, text, and voice calls) and to every contact number we have available for you even if you have opted out. We cannot change this. Emergency messages will be labeled as such so you will know it is an actual emergency.
If you have any questions please feel free to contact your students school office.
Frequently Asked Questions
- Confirm the text device number(s) are in PowerSchool… It may take 24 hours for numbers to be changed or added from the district database.
- Text the word “YES” to 87569 from the wireless number(s) you wish to receive texts on.
If you should not wish to receive text messages, simply do one of these things:
- Don’t reply to the opt in message.
- Text “STOP” to 87569, today or at any time in the future
Yes that message was sent by us, if it is from 87569 and says: "Norris School District 160 would like to continue sending you text messages. To receive these messages, please reply YES."
Should you like to receive texts, reply with “YES”; if you do not, simply ignore it or reply with “STOP”.
Ensure that the device number is correct in PowerSchool. It may take 24 hours for this number to be active after being changed or added.
Ask that they have sent “YES” from that specific device to 87569; if a recipient wants texts sent to three devices, each device number must have an opt in receipt.
Recipients may opt out with any one of these methods.
Text “STOP” to 87569 from the device.
Text “YES” to 87569 – It may take 24 hours for numbers for a number to be changed or added from the district database.